Senior Professional Risks Broker
New Dawn Risk Group is an established specialist insurance intermediary responsible for servicing a worldwide portfolio of UK and International clients. We focus on placing complex liability and other speciality insurance and reinsurance risks with insurers in all major markets including Lloyd’s of London.
We are currently looking for a permanent full-time senior professional liability broker to join our rapidly growing business. This role reports directly to the Head of Professional Risks.
Key activities and responsibilities:
This is a new senior position at New Dawn Risk and is intended to bring a level of market experience and product knowledge to the team. We are looking for a self-motivated broker who will focus on client retention and new business production.
Key activities and responsibilities are envisaged as follows:
- Developing strategic sales / business development plans to grow our US and international professional liability business.
- Proven experience in placing professional liability for architects & engineers, lawyers, accountants and healthcare.
- Providing mentoring on broking tactics and technique for less-experienced brokers.
- Providing technical product expertise to enhance our client offerings both at individual risk level and portfolio level.
- Travelling internationally to meet with producing brokers, cedants and clients to generate new business and enhance existing relationships.
- Contributing to New Dawn Risk’s ongoing strategy development and planning.
Desirable skills and qualifications:
- 5 years-plus of proven experience in US professional liability broking in Lloyd’s and the London market.
- Strong relationships with all key underwriters in the relevant sectors.
- Strong insurance product knowledge.
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills
- A high level of competency with Microsoft Office.
- Outgoing and engaging person who has the gravitas and confidence in communicating with and influencing clients.
- A personal style with integrity which engenders confidence in others and the ability to build effective relationships internally and externally.
- A self-starter.
- Strong work and service ethics to achieve desired outputs working in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work with individuals across departments and liaise with external customers and contacts.
- Open, engaging, approachable and collaborative with a down to earth personality and a sense of personal ownership to achieve results and meet deadlines.
- Adaptable, methodical, versatile with a keen eye for attention to detail and accuracy.
The compensation package for this role will include a competitive salary, a performance-based bonus based on new business production and renewal retention (in respect of renewing any new business produced).