Where would you like to go?
News and insights
Management liability and financial institutions
Tech, media and cyber
Architects' Professional Indemnity
Underwriting Questionnaire on Cladding-Related Exclusions
1. How long has your organisation been underwriting architects' PI?
More than 10 years
5 - 10 years
1 - 4 years
Less than 1 year
2. In the past four years, have you imposed exclusions, either on your standard architects' PI policy wording or by endorsement, relating to the use or specification of external wall systems (EWS) or specific types of cladding panels?
3. In the past four years, have you imposed exclusions, either on your standard architects' PI policy wording or by endorsement, relating to fire safety issues?
4. If you answered 'Yes' to Questions 2 and/or 3 above, was your decision to impose such exclusions based in any way on concerns related to increased risks following the Grenfell Tower fire?
5. If you answered 'Yes' to Questions 2 and/or 3 above, have you been willing to remove such exclusions in any circumstances?
6. If you answered 'Yes' to Question 5 above, please describe the parameters or circumstances that allowed you to remove such exclusions.
7. If you were able to reinsure exposures that you have sought to exclude as described in Questions 2 and /or 3 above, would you be more willing to consider issuing PI policies to architects or engineers without such exclusions?
8. If you answered 'Yes' to Question 7 above, please describe broadly any circumstances where you would NOT be willing to consider issuing PI policies without such exclusions.
9. Please provide us with copies of your standard architects' PI policy and any specific exclusions as described in Questions 2 and/or 3 above.
Click or drag files to this area to upload.
You can upload up to 10 files.